Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mick. Mick. is offline

Default Can I put a combination microwave oven above a floor standing elictric cooker?

Hi Ronald,
Thanks for your help.
The space from the worktop to the bottom of the wall units is 12 1/2" and
the microwave is 14" high.
I had no say in the planning except choosing the colour as it is a Housing
Ass flat.

There might be just enough room to put the microwave on wall brackets on
anouther wall away from the oven.
Thanks,
Mick.
"Ronald Raygun" wrote in message
Mick. wrote:

After having new kitchen units fitted, I cannot put my microwave
oven on top of the base units becouse the wall units are bigger and do
not
leave enough room.

Goodness. You must either have a huge microwave oven or else the wall
units were not mounted high enough. Surely if the new units are bigger
than the old ones, then the new ones ought to have been mounted higher up,
thereby keeping the gap the same.

If the gap is too small to accommodate a microwave, it's probably too
small
for a lot of other things as well. You'd have plenty of "worktop" area
with
insufficient working height to do any actual work on.

I have an electric oven with induction hobs.
There is plenty of free wall space above it could I fit the combination
oven on wall brackets above it please?
It could be fitted around 20" above the oven?

I wouldn't recommend it. The hob will be generating lots of steam and
you don't really want that to condense on the bottom of your microwave,
or worse, get sucked into its innards if it takes its ventilation air
in through holes in the base.

This is a problem which ought to have been foreseen at the design stage.