Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default How To Clean Your Clothes Dryer Vent (with pictures)

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 10:01:25 -0700, Paul Michaels wrote:

I read a home fire safety article recently and it inspired me to clean
the hot air exhaust vent on our clothes dryer. I also figured it would
help the appliance run more efficiently and cost us less money to use.

I pull the whole back off ours occasionally - it's amazing how much stuff
gets caught in the channel which runs between the drum and the suction
fan. Performance is noticably better each time.

I've got around 12' of ribbed flex hose on ours... one day I'll get
around to replacing it with rigid pipe!

cheers

Jules