Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "Fat Cat" pool table dis-assembly?

On Sep 20, 12:01*pm, "Joe J" wrote:
We're moving and have a Fat Cat 8x4 ft pool table in the basement that I
would like to move. *First, anybody know how to contact them? *Internet
searching has been fruitless. *I'm trying to find instructions on how to
disassemble it. *The mover's opinion is that you have to tear off the felt
to get to the bolts holding the slate top in place. *That just doesn't seem
right. *Anyone have experience taking a pool table apart? *I can't find Fat
Cat's web site but that is their manufacture name and they've been around
for years. *Assembled weight is over 800lbs.
Thanks

Yep, on most there is screws holding the pieces of slate down. You
have to remove the bumpers and the felt. Most people choose to refelt
when they move. I know on mine you have to dig the white filler they
use out of the screw holes to get at the screws.

http://www.gldproducts.com/pdf/shot_king_guide.pdf

Any reputable local pool table store will move your table. Doesn't
matter what brand.