Posted to rec.woodworking
chaniarts[_2_] chaniarts[_2_] is offline

Default Grizzly Polar Bear Series

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 13:12:14 -0700 (PDT), marc rosen
wrote:

On Sep 20, 10:47 am, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 17:43:03 -0700 (PDT), RonB
wrote:

Any scoop on the "new" line of "P" series "Polar Bear" tools from
Grizzly. We were getting geared up to take a run to Springfield
during the next day or two to buy a G0453 15" planer. Now they have
thrown in the "P" version at a lower introductory price and claim
it is identical to the basic except for paint and a new switch
mast (and the price). I could care less about the white paint but
the switch mast is kind of nice.

I am a suspicious Irish kind of guy and wonder if any of you have
experience with the new line of tools.

I was all set to buy a G0715P but my dentist ended up with most of
the seed money. sigh

That bites!

Not any more. The one crown which had detached and he glued back on
just popped back off half an hour ago while eating potato chips. Well,
I got 2 good weeks out of the $80 glue job.

channelling lew: epoxy. maybe some microballoons added.

or you could try http://thistothat.com