Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default "Fat Cat" pool table dis-assembly?

On 9/20/2010 12:01 PM, Joe J wrote:
We're moving and have a Fat Cat 8x4 ft pool table in the basement that I
would like to move. First, anybody know how to contact them? Internet
searching has been fruitless. I'm trying to find instructions on how to
disassemble it. The mover's opinion is that you have to tear off the
felt to get to the bolts holding the slate top in place. That just
doesn't seem right. Anyone have experience taking a pool table apart? I
can't find Fat Cat's web site but that is their manufacture name and
they've been around for years. Assembled weight is over 800lbs.
Thanks

I have seen a few assembled and the slate is in multiple pieces which
need to be shimmed and the joints need to be filled before the felt is
installed so it makes perfect sense that the felt must be removed to
break it down.