Posted to uk.d-i-y
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Best wood primer of old, unpainted dried out external wooden window sills?

stuart noble wrote in news:ufNlo.163911$Q_
2:

AFAIK you can only get a full cure by excluding air from the surface, so
maybe aly foil would work on a flat area, and be easy enough to remove.
I imagine the tacky bit must cure eventually, but probably not in a time
suited to a production line.

When I worked in GRP (quite a few years ago) we used to use the liquid wax
additive and then, once cured, wash the surface wax off with ecetone, and
then roughen the surface to provide a key if we needed to apply oil based
or water based paint. However, for my window sill job, I guess an easy
solution would be to use a coloured resin topcoat (if I can grt hold of a
small amount of pigment and not have to buy a large container of it)...

Al