Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default sourcing smaller lawnmower pulley to speed the thing up

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:13:37 -0700, misterroy wrote:

I don't mind cutting the grass, but the lawnmower goes at crawling pace,
I have taken off the drive pulley and its inner diameter 1.31 inches ,
2.125 inches outer diameter 0.5 inch diameter. Its a v belt and at the
moment the belt does not rub on the centre of the pulley.

Are you sure the belt (or any kind of tensioner) isn't at fault? Or that
nothing's contaminated the pulley and is making things slip?

(the ones for my lawn tractor don't touch the middle hub portion of the
pulleys, by the way - all the friction comes from the 'sides' of the belt
and the inside edges of the pulley)

I do sort of know what you mean, though. I only used one of those self-
propelled small mowers once - it was really heavy and did seem to go far
too slowly for the speed I wanted to move at. Give me the tractor and a
plain old push-mower any day!

any sources of pulleys?

Do you have a farm supply place nearby? My local one has all manner of
farm / garden implement pulleys on the shelves.

cheers

Jules