Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default sourcing smaller lawnmower pulley to speed the thing up

misterroy wrote:
I don't mind cutting the grass, but the lawnmower goes at crawling
pace, I have taken off the drive pulley and its inner diameter 1.31
inches , 2.125 inches outer diameter 0.5 inch diameter. Its a v belt
and at the moment the belt does not rub on the centre of the pulley.
It looks like a 10mm hole in the centre, but with two flats to locate
on the shaft.
I want to put a smaller pulley on so the mower approaches walking
speed, but google is not my friend. The present one is two pressed
bits of steel riveted together.

any sources of pulleys?

Google for Bearing Boys.

V good mail order supplier but you will have to make your own flats in
the internal bore as that is non standard.
Relying on two grub screws will soon end in tears so don't even think
about that as an alternative.

Local engineering shop might put the specific hole in for you for beer
tokens.

Bob