Posted to rec.woodworking
MGH MGH is offline

Default Dust Sentry

I have a cardboard drum under my cyclone and was tired of removing the drum
lid to check the chip level.

I cut in a sight window into the upper third of the drum. Now I can see at
a glance if the drum is getting full. Cheep, a piece of acrylic .125 thick
by 3 by 12, a few screws and caulk.

MGH

"PyroHog" wrote in message
Having gotten busy dimensioning wood on the Jointer & Planer, I have
over-filled my cyclone's chip-bin more than once. It is a very messy
business to then have to open all the dust-bags to empty the
overflowed chips/shavings from them.
I was therefore very interested when I learned of Oneida's infrared
chip-bin level-sensing device called "Dust Sentry".
Although their site suggest they cannot make them fast enough for the
demand, there are no customer reviews of the product. I've not found
any references to the product online other than Oneida's pages. I'm
reluctant to drop than kind of cash on unproven technology.

Anyone out there have one of these gizmos and are your thrilled/OK/
disappointed with its performance ?

Thanks in Advance.