Posted to misc.consumers.house
Paul Michaels Paul Michaels is offline

Default How To Clean Your Clothes Dryer Vent (with pictures)

I read a home fire safety article recently and it inspired me to clean
the hot air exhaust vent on our clothes dryer. I also figured it would
help the appliance run more efficiently and cost us less money to use.

I used a wet/dry shop vacuum, but just doing the cleaning by hand
works really well too. I took pictures of the process and created a
quick guide.

Here's the gallery - http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/C...Cleaning-Guide

There were some small holes around the part of the hose that connects
to the outside vent, so I used metal HVAC duct tape to create a better
seal. That should prevent any of the hot air from entering the house
and making the air conditioner work harder.

I hope someone finds it to be useful.

Cheers,
Paul Michaels
Ft. Lauderdale, FL