Posted to alt.building.construction,rec.woodworking
Thomas G. Marshall[_2_] Thomas G. Marshall[_2_] is offline

Default How I made my Creative Playthings playset rock solid

On Sep 18, 10:08*pm, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:
I'd consider one diagonal under the slide to act as a shear wall for
that axis.

That's a good idea but I needed to preserve the aesthetics of the
thing at least a little. Plus when I look at how it moves, the swing
rail was only torquing in a circle and swaying as well all in the same
plane. The plane shared by the diagonal.

By the way, what is the term for such a diagonal bracing? "Corner
Bracing" is for the smaller stuff, no?