Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Chapman Peter Chapman is offline

Default Kittens on the keys?

In message , geoff
writes
In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
Hmm. Searching for an explanation of sitting down at the compuiter and
finding two screenshots of where I left the computer last night,
sitting on the desktop..one called
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000.png

leads me to believe that the blasted kittens, have been on te case again.

Well at least they haven't peed in the laser printer. This time.

Sounds a bit like when my nephew dialled 999 on redial when he was a
babbie

except the police were not amused

Some years ago, before broadband was common, my company laptop had a
Remote Access System using a dial-up modem. All I had to do was click a
button and hey-presto, I was connected to the company servers.

One day, I got a phone call from the local emergency services asking me
to stop dialling 999 or face severe penalties. I explained that I was
not calling them at all but they were insistent. It turned out that the
RAS client was American and the default telephone number, used when the
pre-programmed number was unreachable, was 999!

Our tech guys had never realised this and I got a mention in dispatches
for bringing this to their attention. They never did anything about the
problem though!
--
Peter