Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.chem.electrochem.battery,sci.electronics.repair
Joe Schmoe Joe Schmoe is offline

Default Opened laptop battery to replace lithium ion cells (Lenovo X61tablet PC) -- Where do I get replacement battery cells?

On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 16:08:13 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:
I thought batteries used in these packs had to be matched to avoid
problems with reverse charging etc that might cause them to explode.

Hi Brian,

What do you mean by "matched"?

Note: All the existing electronic circuitry for the Lenovo x61 tablet
laptop lithium Ion battery is intact.

The only thing we're changing out is old cells for new cells.

What do you mean by "matching"?