Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Does anybody have a recommendation for a paint sprayer?

On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 10:56:45 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sep 17, 10:26*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Well, I was going to leave this alone, but I can't. I look at this
group and the incredible amount of political vomit that is spewed
across the screens of those looking to learn or share something about
woodwork.

I glance through the posts that the regulars here upload that are
disrespectful, intolerant, and in some cases profane when they get out
of hand.

Yet, you decide to pick at a post that wasn't aimed at you, on a
thread you decided to read that actually contained content related to
this group's charter.

Shame on you. You know that's simply not DONE here.
(that was a joke)

While you complain about my posting style wasting your time, think of
the time you have wasted simply quoting, critiquing, commenting to
that post. You haven't posted anything to contribute an answer to the
OP's question, but have posted 4 different responses to tell me how
you would like for me to post my replies.

I know you are a construction guy as well, so I will put it in our
vernacular: "Who died and made you boss?"

Nobody. I simply gave you my opinion + 3 clarifications. They're for
you to react to or ignore as you see fit, mon.

I believe I -joked- about it taking an extra second. Do you think
that, just perhaps, you might be overreacting to that?

I also explained that you were the second person to do that and I'm
not the ony person it irritated. I pointed out that it was an irritant
and wanted to mention it so folks here know there are people who
aren't fond of it.

I was concerned about the loss of time you and Jack felt like you had
expended when having to double click (OK... maybe not... ) so I
decided to see just how long it took to click twice to see where I
sent people via a compressed link with preview.

In five tries, it took me an average of 2.3 seconds according to my
chronometer. Personally, I thought it took a bit longer than that,
but time trials really brought home how ludicrous this bitching has
become. I am not an important guy, but I do have 2.3 seconds (knowing
at any time it could stretch to 3!) to click on something that was
directly related to my question.

Following your logic of the irritation at "the extra step", I figure
this: You posted your dissenting opinion and critique four different
times; at an average of 8 minutes a post, that yielded 1920 seconds
to complain. That means that you could click on 768 compressed urls
with previews in the time it took you to complain! Crap... talk about
wasting time!

Humor is lost on you. Noted. ****, Robert, I go out of my way to
look things up for people, to give a source for items I've found
valuable in working wood, perhaps up to half an hour's worth. Forget
the time thing. That was humor regarding a nit I was picking with your
choice of compression formats.

So take your pick which side of the fence you are on. While not
trying to be too offensive, you can rest assured I won't change
anything I do just to please you. I don't mean that in an aggressive
political thread way I see here, but I just won't.

And again, if my posting style doesn't suit your personal tastes, just
don't read anything I post. I don't know how it could get easier than
that. Or if there is a compressed url, don't click on it.

OK.

Next thing ya know you'll be giving away a box of free nails, asking
only that recipients take a number and when it's called, having them
go sit in that chair for ten minutes. After that, they receive their
free nail. * Repeat until the box is gone.

Hmmmmm..... ten minutes? 2.3 seconds is hardly that.

You really do have an obsession about time today, don't you?
Metaphors be with you.

Ciao!

--
We're all here because we're not all there.