Posted to rec.woodworking
David Paste[_2_] David Paste[_2_] is offline

Default Right Angle Drill Powered by Regular Batteries?

On 18 Sep, 21:13, "W" wrote:
I am looking for a small handheld right angle drill that is powered by
normal alkaline or Nimh batteries. * *This unit will be used maybe twice a
year and it hardly seems worth the hassle of a recharger and proprietary
lithium battery. * Any recommendations for this?

What about getting hold of a second-hand one from somewhere, ideally
with a knackered battery, and cobbling together a new battery pack
made from these Sanyo Eneloop type rechargeables that hold their
charge for a long time? I think they have a NiMH chemistry, but have a
long shelf life.