Posted to rec.woodworking
Father Haskell Father Haskell is offline

Default What to use as a non-skid material on a circular saw guide? Suggestions?

On Sep 18, 7:16*am, Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
Father Haskell wrote :

On Sep 16, 1:16*am, KIMOSABE wrote:
I found the following post on a forum in the UK
athttp://www.ukworkshop.c

o.uk/forums/clampless-circular-saw-guide-t1697...

I'm looking for suggestions for a material that can be used for the
non-skid effect.

Black cloth friction tape.

That would work, but you risk leaving behind black marks on the wood. *
(I'm sure it depends on the friction tape.) *Plus it would probably lose
some of its effectiveness after getting some sawdust on it.

Puckdropper

Haven't had either problem. Retains its friction for several
months. When it goes, just peel off and replace, a two
minute job. Very cheap.