Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default LED light source question, got it!

On 9/18/2010 5:05 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Jon, put a 7Ah battery in a belt pouch, divvy up the voltage to your
proper flavor, and run leads to the light ring using 3.5mm connector
jack& plug. Instant 6-8 week supply!

Well that would do it for sure! But overkill for what I was thinking
about. The light really isn't the right 'color' for 'real' photography.
I was just thinking of the time I took my Escort apart after dropping a
valve seat. There was one (and only one!) ding on top of the piston.
Took several tries to get a decent shot of it. A portable ring light
would have been perfect there.

Thanks,

Jon