Posted to alt.home.repair

Default There's light left in them thar bulbs!

On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 07:44:42 -0400, Frank
wrote:

On 9/18/2010 3:02 AM, harry wrote:
On Sep 18, 2:24 am, wrote:
"Representatives Joe Barton, Michael Burgess, and Marsha Blackburn have just
introduced the Better Use of Light Bulbs Act (or BULB). The legislation
would repeal the de facto ban on the incandescent light bulb contained in
Subtitle B of Title III of the Energy Independence and Security Act of
2007."

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive.../09/027238.php

Americans need to embrace new technology instead of always resisting
it. You should donate your incandescent lamps to the nearest Amish
family you know.
Jobs lost are all down to the fake capitalism practised not only on
America but throughout the world. China in this case, which provides
products at ridiculously cheap prices from it's slave labour
factories.
It's all about destroying the economy of the West. Tax barriers need
to be eracted until they let their currency float.

You're clueless Harry. Legislation was pushed by big business, General
Electric, and cfl bulbs are coming from China.

Personally, I'll embrace technology that saves me money, as cfl's do.
I just don't want a government holding my hand, forcing my choice.
I'm sure this is a foreign concept to those in the UK.

The current information about "dirty electricity" and EMI sensitivity
sure makes one wonder what posessed the legislators to ban
incandescents in favour of CFLs.
Electronic ballasts and SMPs are the biggest culprits in the fiasco -
and in particular the CHEAP CRAP coming out of the far east.