Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrical box

On Sep 17, 7:08*pm, "
wrote:
On Sep 17, 6:41*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:

I've managed to pop several "new work" boxes out and replace with old
work boxes with just a screwdriver, crowbar, and hammer. *No damage to
walls. *Of course the walls in my house are plaster which is slightly
more resilient than sheetrock. *Still, it is an option.

Thank you Nate and everyone else. *I've got a few things to try
tomorrow.

One of bigger issues that I have with removing/replacing the box is
that the box is apparently a ... for lack of a better term ...
sidestrap box based on other reno we've done and what I've found
elsewhere. *So if you're looking forward at the box, the box resides
on the left of a stud with the attachment wrapping and nailed to the
front of the stud (older home, nothing in here is what one would
expect). *While the example video was informative, it's not an option
to saw through some nails to get the box out.

However, I appreciate all replies and ideas, and will tackle this this
weekend.

Thank you.

No one mentioned another option........having found boxes where the
wires are way too short..

install a new box nearby, run romex between boxes and use a blank
cover on the abandoned box.....