Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default Sony KPR46CX10 tracking problem

On Sep 16, 5:53*pm, Jeff wrote:
Hello,

* * *I have a friend that has one of these. She says that from time to
time the picture will scroll. So I know that this is a horizontal
tracking issue. When I worked on tv's years ago they had a knob that
you could adjust them. But that went away years ago.
Is their still a way to make a minor adjustment. She said that
sometimes it will go a weekend with out a problem and sometimes it
comes and goes. She also told me that it never did that when the Wii
was connected to the tv.

Any Ideas...

Thank you,
Jeff

What do you mean by 'scroll'? What is 'horizontal tracking'? It
appears this is a CRT based rear projector. Do you think it's worth
the bother to repair? I would bet there are dried out electrolytic
capacitors in there likely disrupting the sync processing but this TV
is not the place to learn about electronics repair. The parts cost
next to nothing but the skill and tools to do the job are pretty
serious. I ask again. Is it worth the bother?