Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Oppie[_6_] Oppie[_6_] is offline

Default The Payback for Political Correctness...

"flipper" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 17:16:54 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 17:11:36 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 19:07:13 -0500, flipper wrote:

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 17:19:03 -0400, "Oppie"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson"
wrote in
message ...
The Payback for Political Correctness...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/03...e-ground-zero/

...Jim Thompson

Came across this one yesterday from Newt Gingrich.
Much as I believe in religious tolerance, I had no familiarity with the
historical meaning of the 'Cordoba Project'. This commentary pretty
much
lays it all out. Perhaps we aught to run Newt for President.
http://www.newt.org/newt-direct/newt...ar-ground-zero

btw- the Imam of the proposed Mosque owns two apartment buildings in
Newark
NJ and is purported to be a slum lord. I heard unsubstantiated claims
that
government money had been loaned for improvements not made on those
buildings.

Unfortunately Newt overstates the case and runs a serious risk of
discrediting it with unnecessary inflammation.

And don't you dare burn a Loran.

...Jim Thompson

Or a Koran ;-)

(Burning a Loran would probably ruin your PLL :-)

Hehe.

Burning a copy of the Qu'ran is a stupid and intentional act of
inflammation for the purpose of inflaming.

In Newt's case one imagines he's trying to make an argument and
unnecessary inflammation does not serve the art of persuasion.

Frankly, I'm a bit surprised at his 'logic'. For one, since when did
we gauge our laws and standard of behavior by Saudi Arabia? And, given
that our 'policy' is explicitly based on radical Islam being a group
of fanatics who have corrupted Islam for their own nefarious purposes,
he runs the risk of declaring Islam owned, defined, and directed by
the Saudi government since he implies the issue is a tit for tat
'negotiation' of a church or synagogue 'there' vs 'one of their'
mosques 'here'.

There are better arguments than implying this is about 'reforming'
Saudi Arabia.

He's also a bit foot loose and fancy free with the history of Cordoba,
to name but a few disappointments I have with it.

There are also those who would want our culture to be more compliant with
Sharia Law. So much for the great melting pot that America was supposed to
be. Any law that subjugates women (need I explain more?) is totally contrary
to all western sensibility. I don't endorse 'The gospel according to
testicules' in any culture/religion.