Posted to alt.home.repair
LSMFT[_2_] LSMFT[_2_] is offline

Default Electrical box

keith wrote:

On Sep 17, 8:31 am, "

wrote:
Ok, so I'm probably making more of this than I need to ...

I am replacing outlets to match new paint in a room and did not

notice
that one electrical box still has the old screw in the bottom hole

evidently it broke in the hole. There is nowhere to grip it on

either
side, not even with needlenose pliers. The plies basically slide

off
as soon as I go to turn it.

Can I take a tiny drill bit and drill it out or is there an easier
way?

Instead of a drill you're probably going to want to use an easy-out

attempt to back the screw out. You can also drill out the hole and
replace the screw with a bigger one.

You have to drill a hole in the screw to fit the easy out into don't
you know?

--
LSMFT