Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default Comments on Sketchup

On 9/16/2010 12:16 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Sep 16, 11:56 am, wrote:

Just playing with it at their office, I found that it has come a long
way since the days I found it to be merely a toy. It's all growed ups
now. =o)

Oh, so I guess this is your drive-by "I guess I was wrong to trash SU
when I hadn't used it since Moses was a pup" apology?

Apology accepted.

It wasn't that long ago that the freebie still sucked canal water.

Really? What version sucked canal water?

I only 'trashed' (too strong a word, really, yours not mine) those who
tried to pawn it off as full-blown CAD, which it wasn't and still
isn't.

Not one person ever tried to pawn it off as a full-blown CAD program.
Every time someone, usually Swingman or Leon made you look stupid, you
would cry some nonsense about full blown CAD. Everyone tried to tell
you it was a great program for woodworkers to use in designing cabinetry
and woodwork in general. You insisted it was a toy. You were an idiot
then, and nothing, including Sketchups usefulness, has changed.

Those who have a modicum of CAD knowledge have agreed with me
on that.

Well, Swing must have told you a million times it was not a full blown
CAD program, but it was far from the toy you were ****ing and moaning
about.

My criticism of SU at the time was well founded and I have nothing to
apologize for.The fact that SU has evolved to this extent is
wonderful. It does not negate my previous complaints about previous
versions.

Your complaints were both silly and bogus, apology notwithstanding!

--
Jack
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity!