Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default 100 amp bridege rectifier

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:21:35 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 07:06:25 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

On Sep 17, 9:51*am, Jim Wilkins wrote:
Digikey lists rectifiers up to 400A

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll
The anode/cathode studs let you use only two heatsinks.
jsw

That copied URL didn't lead to the part, so search for DSA75-16B and
DSAI75-16B.

jsw

Thanks, these parts are diodes. One is an anode stud, the other a
cathode stud. Do I need two of each? Draw me a picture of how to make
these parts into a bridge rectifier, please. (I'm thinking each AC
line gets one of each with both cathodes on one block and both anodes
on the other.) Does a cathode or an anode stud go to ground?

Do I tap these into an AL block for heat shink ? For my "hot" bock
could I also tap cap connections and four spots to send power to the
four servo amps? I would plan to fuse each servo here.

Karl

Karl

Be aware that both heatsinks will have to be electrically isolated
from ground, as will both - and + DC. If you want - DC grounded then
you'll need an isolation transformer before the bridge.

The Crydom module
http://www.galco.com/scripts/cgiip.e...0100SB600-CRDM
may be attached to a grounded heatsink, but - and + will still need to
be isolated from ground unless an isolation xfmr is present on the AC
side.