Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default 100 amp bridege rectifier

On Sep 17, 10:11*am, Glenn Lyford wrote:
I've always heard that diodes don't parallel very well, I think
because they won't always trigger at the exact same time, so whichever
triggers first will take the brunt of the current. *Even if a fuse
blows, the remaining diodes are now taking more than what they are
rated for. *And as the old saw goes "the diode will blow to protect
the fuse."...
* --Glenn Lyford

Diodes have a negative temperature coefficient, meaning that the
forward voltage drop decreases as they warm up, so the diode passing
the most current becomes the easiest path for more current. Internal
or external series resistance can help overcome this.
http://www.vias.org/encyclopedia/sem...de_basics.html

jsw