Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default 100 amp bridege rectifier

On 09/17/2010 06:51 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Sep 17, 9:20 am, Karl
wrote:
I'm looking to rectify 240 VAC into DC with 100 amp surge capacity.
This will power the servo amps on my Matsuura bedmill. I probably
won't ask as many questions as Iggy about my winter projectVBG

The largest I found is 50 amp:http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea...l&name=641-138...

Do I need to come up with some way to put three in parallel? If I do
this do I need to fuse each rectifier?

If a 100 amp unit is out there, my life would be simpler.

Karl

Digikey lists rectifiers up to 400A
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll

The anode/cathode studs let you use only two heatsinks.

If Digikey doesn't bring you joy, try Newark -- they seem to list more
'heavy industry' sort of electronics than Digikey.

You may also want to check Surplus Sales of Nebraska:
http://www.surplussales.com. They have a lot of heavy metal electronics
surplus, and I've never gone wrong buying from them.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services