Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Split Receptacle GFI outlet. Do they exist?

On Sep 16, 10:12*pm, "RBM" wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

On Sep 16, 9:18 pm, "RBM" wrote:

"The Henchman" wrote in message

Got a 15 amp split receptable mounted on a studded basement wall for a
washing machine and gas dryer. I want to install a laundry tub about 4
feet away. Code here says that outlet has go to be gfci (1.5 metres or
about 4.5 feet from the "sink") but I cannot find any 15 amp split
receptacle gfi outlets. The wire is 14/3 so I can't do like the kitchen
20 amp near the sinks...

are there 15 amp gfi split receptacle outlets? I see none available in
my
juistiction (ontario)... Is this because it has to be gfi at the breaker
and not allowed at the outlet?

It's probably because they can't fit all the electronics into the size of
receptacle. You could change the box to a double and install two gfci
outlets, or if you have piles of money to blow, you could get a double
pole
15 amp gfci with neutral circuit breaker

"if you have piles of money to blow, you could get a double pole
15 amp gfci with neutral circuit breaker"

RBM...serious question...since you know a lot more about this than
me...

Everybody's idea of a "pile" is different.

This link shows a 15 amp 2 pole GFCI breaker for $25.

http://www.electricsuppliesonline.co...t-breaker.html

Do you consider that a "pile of money" or is that not the type of
breaker you were referring to?

Wouldn't 2 GFCI's, a double box and face plate cost close to that -
and take a lot more work to install?

The breaker you link to is just a standard 2 pole 15 amp. If you scrounge
around that site, you'll find the 2 pole 15 amp gfci, which is $145

Crabby website! The page for the GFCI breaker shows a picture and
specs on the GFCI breaker on top and then a table of part numbers just
below that. I clicked on the 15 amp 1-pack and didn't even realize it
had taken me to a totally different page.