Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Semi on topic LVDT

Tim Wescott wrote:

They're nice non-contact sensors. They'll get you down to the point
where you have to start worrying about differential temperatures messing
up your measurements, and arms cocked over by milliradians, and other
really smoky stuff.

This thing is part of a system that measures a part one of our turning centers just made
and also provides wear offsets to bring the next part into tolerance.

We are not doing angstroms. I take it they are pretty accurate?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller