Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Comments on Sketchup

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 15:29:10 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 9/15/2010 3:04 PM, Swingman wrote:

AAMOF, I use layers to such a degree/advantage, that I have a "kitchen
design template" with over 25 "layers" already in place.

Instead of just talk/BS, here's "some show and tell" regarding the use
of layers (30 or so) and scenes (20+) with a complicated model with many
parts and dimensions:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/files/Kitc...es-Example.zip

FWIW, this is an actual kitchen design model, used for the both the
clients input during the design stage, and for shop drawings for actual
build ... it is scheduled to start build/installation very shortly ...
it is not a drill.

(There is a color version, but I prefer the non-color for viewing)

CAVEAT: I closed it out using SketchUp8, so you will probably have to
upgrade to 8 to open it ... something you will want to do as a SU usser
in any event.

If this version thing causes someone a big problem, post back here and I
will save it in 7 and put it up on the site also.

Let me know here of any download problems.

When you -buy- SketchUp, is it a one-time deal, or do you have to buy
each new version, too?

--
Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins
when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in