Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Comments on Sketchup

On Sep 15, 4:04*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 9/15/2010 2:06 PM, Marty wrote:

I have been using Sketchup for a few months now to design several
projects and am generally very happy with it.

I say generally, because "out of the box" it is time consuming and even
at times difficult to create the detailed drawings needed to build a
woodworking project.

The more proficient you become, the quicker it goes ..

The people who bought my countertop business are doing all their
proposals and quotes with SketchUp. They are vey happy with the
freebie and learned quickly to sketch and dimension countertop
layouts.
Just playing with it at their office, I found that it has come a long
way since the days I found it to be merely a toy. It's all growed ups
now. =o)
And my goodness, the quantity of support libraries and aps is just
astounding.
It still looks like ****, though....g,d & r.