Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Welding steel to cast iron head?

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 13:21:37 -0700, Tim Wescott
wrote:

Oh I know! Put it on with a #10 countersunk screw and JB Weld. Go
ahead and go all the way into the stud hole. Then clean up the stud
hole with a milling cutter followed by a tap. Do y'think that'll get me
my consultant's fee?

....leaving a full 0.047" of thread engaged? I think not.

--
Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins
when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in