Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spamlet Spamlet is offline

Default Shower Screen over bath

"Mick." wrote in message
om...
Hi all,
I have just had a over bath shower fitted by my landlord, and wanted
to fit a fixed shower screen at one end of the bath.
A opening one seems to be a waste as there is no need, and I hoped a fixed
one would be cheaper.

The cheapest at B&Q seems to be an opening one at "48.98
Model: 0000003691977

But I cant find a fixed one?
Any thoughts please?
Mick.

Depends on what room you have around the bath and how much you like soaking
in the bath rather than a shower. If you like a good soak and a read, with
a cup of tea to hand then the screen fixings can get in the way.

I puzzled as to how to stop the bathroom floor getting regularly flooded (by
people taking showers - or so I thought...) for some time. As this was a
curving corner bath unit with a doorway right next to it, there was not much
scope for screens of any sort. Then I discovered that shower curtain rail
comes in flexible varieties, and made a pleasing one following the line of
the bath edge (though finding sound joists or similar in the ceiling for the
screws can make it more work than expected.)

The shower curtain does not cling (those that do are too short or too light)
and, unlike a fixed screen it can be handily tied back out of the way with
an ordinary curtain tie when not in use. leaving room for cups of tea;
reaching out for books, phones and so on.

Having made this very pleasing bathroom addition, I was puzzled to find
bathroom still getting regularly flooded. Turned out it was SWMBO all
along: the bath is fairly pointed oval within it's corner exterior, and
when she gets out, she pushes backwards and shoves all the water out over
the floor. Wasted my time entirely making the shower curtain, but it looks
nice anyway.