Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.tools.repair+advice,alt.home.repair

Default Air Compressor usage & size

On Sep 16, 6:19*am, wrote:
On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 18:12:40 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
Hello,

I just received a "Speedy Sprayer" made by the 'W R Brown Corporation'
from my uncle's estate. *I'm not entirely convinced it will be of any
use other than for paint or pesticide spraying and hoped I might be
able to get some details or insight here. *It's pretty old (1960s) and
I'd hoped to pick up an all around good compressor to keep around for
airing up tires, etc; but notice it only has a pressure range of
30-45psi and doesn't seem to have a lot of flow. *It seems to run
pretty good but again, not a lot of noticeable flow or pressure
(pressure at approx 40psi peak). *Would you mind telling me what you
might know about it or would appreciate any advice on a good
automotive compressor where compressor pressures is concerned.

Thanks,
John

Model number makes a lot of difference. Some Speedy Sprayers will work
with a 20 PSI compressor, and some require far more.

For a general use compressor for painting, filling tires and running
lower demand air tools, you will need a compressor that has a atnk and
develops 100 PSI and 4.5 CFM at 90 PSI as a minimum.

Here is a typical example of a low end general purpose compressor:

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-too...-10-gallon...- Hide quoted text -

And I think the answer about the one he already has it to just try it
out. Even with a top pressure of 45 and not a lot of volume, it
should be OK for pumping up auto tires.