Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Removing green moss

wrote in :

The siding on my garage is just plywood covered with wood stain. The
stain was wearing out so I'm restaining it. The bottom few inches of
the wall in some places behind some bushes, has green moss on it. I
scraped it off, but I think there is still some in the natural low
crevices in the wood. I did wire brush it too. But I think I need to
kill this moss before I restain. Should I just paint some bleach on
the wall, let it sit awhile and hose it off, or is there a better way?

Thanks

Apparently, moss and algae don't like zinc. I've seen reports where thin
strips of zinc (flashing or something like it) would leach enough zinc ions
down with the rain or so that no moss or algae would start growing. It
presumes that there is no moss or algae to start with, then keeps it that
way. DAGS for details, as I don't know them.

--
Best regards
Han