Posted to alt.home.repair
tim birr tim birr is offline

Default Air in well water

On Sep 15, 10:45*am, noname87 wrote:
I have a house with a well (shallow about 40 feet). The pump (jet
pump) is above ground. Recently, I have gotten some air coming out of
the faucets (some amounts). Is a sign of a dropping water table or
something else? This has only happen a couple of times.

Well, it means you are pumping air -- ie -- no water at the pump, so
it pumps in air instead of water.

The real question is why is this happening. In my house, it usually
means someone sets out three or four hoses and turns them on high,
runs the washing machine and flushes a couple of toilets all at the
same time.

IF YOU HAVE NOT been using any excessive amount of water, then you
have more of an issue -- also -- remember, at least for North America,
this is the end of the summer, and some water tables are lower than
usual and will stay that way until winter rains.