John Armstrong

Default Choosing location for kitchen appliances

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 08:02 +0000 (GMT Standard Time), Mark Webb wrote:

In article ,
lnet (John Armstrong) wrote:

only scorching I have had

That's obviously the worry. Our current kitchen has the doors with a
continuous 'skin' over the front and edges. The toaster caused one edge
to peel up when it accidentally got left too close (so still beware).

Mark W.

My newer oven is also a better design than the previous (cheap) one. On the
old one, the front of the body of the oven was flat around the edges, so
any heat leakage past the rubber door seal went sideways. Then new one has
a lip around the edge of the door to deflect the heat forward.

Something like:
Old Oven:

HOT |
====|_____ Cupboard