Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Sweat Brazing?

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 18:43:59 -0400, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Rich Grise wrote:

But I definitely got me doubts about "sweat-brazing," primarily because
it brings to mind sweat-soldering, which is trivial to do, works, and
doesn't need an OA flame, but it's only useful for electronic circuit
components. (and "brazing" doesn't seem to work that way. ;-) )

Bull****. I've used it on 3" and 6" copper pipe in the cooling
system of a TV transmitter. Of course, you have to know how to solder
more than a couple twisted wires to do it right..

No, you're right - I've never had any problem sweat-SOLDERIMG; the
question was about sweat BRAXING, which I take to be somewhat of a
different animal.

But thanks for sharing!
Rich