Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Cracking open a Galaxy Audio PA amp

I'm sure most people in this group have noticed how remote
controls are generally held together with screws /and/ near-
unreleasable tabs. I've never understood why both are needed.

No, it's not, and you're misunderstanding the packaging here.

My point was about the /philosophy/ of the packaging.
Why belts+suspenders, when only one is needed?

I'd have to LMAO if the idiot still hasn't figured out how to
get it apart.

I'm sure it's snapped/latched together especially if the latch
points are not visible. It's a well-adopted method to anyone
who has even minor experience.

Not everyone knows everything about anything. It's interesting that, even
though you haven't seen the unit, you know "fer sure" how it fits together.

I've seen more than my share of remote controls that need tactical nuclear
weapons to dismantle, so I feel /some/ sympathy for this poster.

If the OP is still listening... It might be that you have to "pull like
hell" on the front. It might be that there are no latches, and the panel is
/so/ tight that it's stuck. You might also try removing the speaker (if
there are external screws holding it) and poking around inside.