Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Joining Aluminum without a TIG

On 09/15/2010 07:23 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 14:34:57 -0700, Tim
wrote:

On 09/14/2010 02:30 PM, Rich Grise wrote:
On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 17:13:41 -0700, Tim Wescott wrote:

I'm not a machinist or a weldor, so I'd make something that could
be simply bolted together.

[C'mon, Rich. You're at least a wannabe machinist if you're here on
Wreck.Metalheads.]

That's Plan B.

But brazed or soldered looks cooler, and should be lighter.

Yeah, screw "functional". Just make it -look- cool!

It's gotta look cool _and_ work. Beauty comes from functionality: if it
works, it is, by definition, beautiful. If it works _and_ it's well
made it's beautifuller. If it doesn't work worth a damn then all the
artsy-fartsy critics in the world can rave over it, but it's still an
ugly piece of @#$%.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services