Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl Compressor

On 15/09/2010 15:13, Theo Markettos wrote:
Roger wrote:
I've often toyed with the idea of having a compressor - so this looks
like a possible opportunity to 'stick my toe in the water'.

On a related note, what kind of compressor would be useful for the times
when you want some air to blow away dirt, but can't do it yourself because
you can't focus your puff enough or don't want to spray saliva all over the
workpiece? Would a cheap tyre compressor do, or are those strictly for tyre
inflating?

Thanks
Theo

For small jobs like blowing the dust out of a computer I use one of these:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=45631

If by cheap tyre compressor you mean the small 12v jobbies that work
from a car's cigar lighter socket, they wouldn't be very much use
because they can produce a high pressure but very little flow - whereas
you need a lot of flow but not much pressure for blowing dirt away.

The optional Air Tool Set (£9.99) on offer at Lidl alongside the
compressor has a tyre inflator gun and also a separate gun with various
different nozzles - so you should be able to choose the most appropriate
nozzle for each 'blow out' job.
--
Cheers,
Roger