Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default Easy to replace fuses in the 50 to 500 amps range - suggestions?

John wrote:

Would it make sense to have a separate battery for the bow thruster -
located near the thruster. You must be getting quite a voltage drop at the
moment. A local battery could be charged with thinner cable than the cable
that is needed to transmit the motor power. It would also make the starter
battery totally dedicated to engine starting.

Some boats are equipped that way but I think we'll stay as we are,
it's not *that* big a boat and it doesn't make sense to add yet
another battery.

--
Chris Green