Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Made a phase converter 3 days ago

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 08:40:48 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sep 14, 7:54*am, Ignoramus5013
wrote:
That was kind of a fun gig. Someone paid me $350 to make a pahse
converter out of parts that cost me about $50 (10 HP Baldor motor,
fused disconnect switch, oil caps etc). Took me about 1.5 hours to
do. This is a rope start phase converter with both legs balanced with
capacitors (90 uF per leg on a 10 HP idler).

At idle, the voltages were something like 243, 247, and 248 volts.

Are those voltages measured with out a load? Seem a bit high.

Paul

Perhaps his power company is like MY power company..the *******s...and
they deliver it high...often way way too high.

Which means my VFDs go into error and refuse to start.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)