Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default ANSI reference designators - ANSI reference designators.pdf

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 06:49:54 -0500, flipper wrote:

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 05:52:49 -0400, JW wrote:

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 05:58:52 -0500 flipper wrote in
Message id: :

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 06:29:03 -0400, JW wrote:

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 00:45:13 -0500 "Tim Williams"
wrote in Message id: :

Honestly, some people believe Sharpie markers on the edges of CDs make a
difference. Actually, I forget if they're Sharpie specifically, or if it
only "works" with some other brand.

Must have something to do with not allowing the laser light to reflect out
the edge of the disc.

http://www.snopes.com/music/media/marker.htm#add

I'll bet that you could market a thin silver foil tape that sticks to the
edge of the CD for a few bucks a foot. 10X the performance of a green
Sharpie!

Hmmm...

I don't think you paid attention to the 'theory' because the notion
behind the green marker is it supposedly prevents reflection, not be
'better' at it (which I presume is why you picked silver foil).

That would make the sound too bright, degrade inner macrodynamics, and
make the soundstage too circular. Isotopically pure liquid-nitrogen-
treated gold leaf would sell, oops I meant sound, better.

John