Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Cutting torch use question - technique help needed

You may also be using too small a tip for the thickness of work. As the
work size increases, the kerf must be wider.

Third, I find that tilting the torch slightly backwards so the jet cuts
further ahead deeper in the work will help clear the kerf. Running dead-
vertical or dragging will tend to blow the melt back into the cut.

Hmm, my experience is just opposite. I usually have a "1" tip in the
torch and have trouble with remelt filling in if I don't change to a
"0" on thin stuff. I often angle in extra on a quick part rather than
make the tip change

Karl