Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Osborne[_2_] Dave Osborne[_2_] is offline

Default Easy to replace fuses in the 50 to 500 amps range - suggestions?

js.b1 wrote:
PAL type automotive fuses go 100A (if not more).

Some french cars use a flat fuse for 100-150-200A as I recall, right
at the battery terminals in a busbar arrangement. The objective I
assume is to disconnect a starter cable short fault in event of an
accident - high pressure (petrol) and very high pressure (diesel) fuel
lines are usually extremely close to such cables on most cars.

Incidentally, check if there are any requirements of your boat
insurance - by that I mean fusing or emergency disconnect. Nylon
flexible conduit is good for protecting cables, which for marine
should be of the tinned fine variety.

I presume you mean the cables should be tinned fine? I read this as
"Nylon flexible conduit [...] should be of the tinned fine variety" ;-)