Posted to rec.woodworking
CW[_6_] CW[_6_] is offline

Default Bosch 1587 discounted at Lowes

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message
thought the blade was in there tight till the wood pinched the blade and
won
the tug of war. It was hell pulling the blade out of the kerf with out
the saw attached to it.

I hate doing that with drill bits ~ especially small drill bits. On some
of the garden furniture projects I've been building out of cedar, I often
drill a pilot hole so the nails don't split the wood. Occasionally, the
wood pulls the drill bit out of the drill and it's hell to get the bit out
of the wood without snapping it off.

That's because the flutes get packed with shavings and jam the drill in the
hole. While drilling, pull it out of the hole periodically to clear the
shavings.