Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Why cant I find any incandescent outdoor flood bulbs

In , wrote:
Why cant I find any incandescent outdoor flood bulbs in the stores
anymore. I even went to some of the big stores, like Home Deport,
Menards, and Walmart. All they got are these crappy and expensive
Halogen bulbs. The old incadescent bulbs were $1.50 or less, while
these halogen bulbs are $6 or less per bulb. And they dont last any
longer despite that claim, in fact I think they have a shorter life.

Were they banned, or why cant I find them anymore?

These are not affected by any USA nationwide bans until 2020 if at all,
and if they go then the halogen ones will probably go with them.

Check hardware stores. Check Rite Aid, maybe CVS, though these bulbs
will probably be severely overpriced there. Supermarkets often have them,
and they usually do not overprice light bulbs quite as horribly as Rite
Aid does in my experience.
--
- Don Klipstein )