Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Any P-38 experts around?

" wrote:

My wife and I attended a family reunion in Tillamook, OR in July, then
visited the Air Museum at the old blimp base in Tillamook, OR for a
couple of hours. They advertise all their planes are in flying
condition. That includes one P-38.

I've had the joy of seeing P-38's fly at Oskosh EAA. My feeble brain, when seeing the
subject line for this thread, was going oh goodie, plane, pistol or can opener. All
devices I admire.

Almost bought a P-38 once but I did enough research to realise it was an afterwar alloy
frame model. (pistol) Damn. There are three iconic guns I don't have yet, the Lugar,
P-38, and the M1911.

Some machines exude sex and hormones. Think Italian sports cars and the P-38 Lightning,
like Raquel in her advanced age, is still hot!

Wes