Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Bosch 1587 discounted at Lowes

wrote in message
On Sep 11, 7:51 am, Swingman wrote:

Every time I need to change a blade on my 1587 I have to find the manual
first.

But that is an excellent price, it is a helluva machine, and you _can_
eventually learn how to change the blade ... I think?

I about fell out of my chair laughing when I read that. It honestly
took me a few years of using ONLY that jigsaw to get where I remember
"the combination". And it has the instructions printed on the
machine!

But for the longest time, if I didn't have my readers with me, I was
up against it. I twisted, turned, counted, fussed and cussed getting
those damn blades in the thing.

Excellent tool, though.

Robert

One of the absolutely worst jig saws I read about and had first hand
experience changing blades on was the DeWalts from 8~10 years ago. You
thought the blade was in there tight till the wood pinched the blade and won
the tug of war. It was hell pulling the blade out of the kerf with out the
saw attached to it.