Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Slag on my shoulder

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 00:38:50 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 17:35:20 -0700, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

The other thing I played around with was using the 1/8" 7018AC, but instead
of focusing it on the shoulder, I just kind of aimed it into the gap,
keeping at a speed that just melted the outside edge of the top piece:

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5...erroot7018.jpg

That actually seemed to work out okay, but I don't know if that technique is
one that produces sound welds.

There ya go! I'd ride that weld downtown any day. Good job!

Indeed. That'l work just fine

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)